Click image to enlarge
The Spidler® consists of a conveyor mounted carriage, a set of lifting arms capable of lifting a fully loaded conveyor belt (+15ktph), a swivel mounted robot and on-board power, hydraulics and electrics. The machine runs on light gauge rail mounted to the conveyor stringer frame which allows the machine to travel the full length of the conveyor regardless of terrain or conveyor angle.
- A condition monitoring system to detect carrier idler roller condition
- A generator with at least a 24 hour run time
- A robot mounted on a rotary table to access both sides of the conveyor
- A robot gripper that can manipulate the idler rollers to and from idler roller frames
- Ladder assembly and walkway to access each side of the conveyor via machine
- Dual tripper arms to lift a moving and loaded conveyor belt (15Ktph)
- Servo driven wheels to run the machine along the rails. This will include a proprietary wheel system for increasing traction to accomodate inclines up to a maximum of 15 degrees
- A wireless pendant controller to allow the operator to control the driving of the machine along the conveyor rail and the operation of replacing idler rollers
- Capability to record manually entered idler roller frame and location data and prepare data for reporting
- Further advancements in idler roller fault detection capability: process integration
- Roller feeders: idler roller ‘vending machine’ located near conveyor which will allow robot to restock and unload used idler rollers
- Automatic asset management tracking of all change-outs
- Spidler® dispatching from feeder to specified location
WIRELESS PENDANT CONTROLLED
A wireless pendant remote controller which allows the operator to control the driving of the machine along the conveyor rail and initiate the operation of replacing an idler roller up to ~100m from the machine. From the point of selecting an idler roller(s) to be replaced, the change-out process is fully automated.
SEMI-AUTOMATIC REMOTE CONTROL
Machine controlled remotely from any location with suitable communication infrastructure. Machine dispatched from designated load area to idler roller frame. Remote video and audio enabled. Machine aware of its location and proximity to other equipment.
Machine aware of its location and each idler roller’s condition. The machine will sense and assess each idler roller’s condition and decides on appropriate action automatically.
All condition scanning and replacements are fully automated.